Thursday, July 10, 2014

FAVORITE'S

My grandmother Grace was a remarkable woman. I always thought I was her favorite. Jennifer thought she was and David my brother and Jerry Don my cousin. The thing is she never told any of us we were her favorites. This  woman made each of us feel so loved unconditionally.

My girl's laughingly say that Robbie is my favorite. Robbie say's Robin is and Kelly say's Robbie is. I have no favorites. Like I've told them some are more needy at different times and those times they seem to be the center of my attention. The truth is my children really know this and have fun stressing me with it. They like manipulating me with it actually for fun to see me squirm.

I have no favorites with my grandchildren. I love them all the same. Each one is so unique. I see such character in each one and a wonderful caring human being. I pray for each and sometimes I have a burden on my heart for one at a time when there in need. It is amazing one can love so many people at one time. What a wonder to be capable of so much love. I know I'm not alone. Most parents do love all their children the same.

To be half the woman Grace was would be a beautiful woman. She took in 1 teenager, 1 twelve year old and an eight year old who were already set in ( not so good ways) in other words, she called us "Hellions". The thing is I knew she loved us all! She will never be out done by me. I still hope just to be half the woman she was. I miss you mamaw, Grace Ersula Harris Webb! She did not like her middle name. I think it is awesome.

Adding she called us Her Little Hellions, which sounded sweeter. Later when I was living with her after David and Donna were grown she called me "Her Little Orphan".




No comments:

Post a Comment